Week 3: Robotics + Art
Before this week’s lessons, I never thought I had any past experiences with robots and art until I thought back to all those trips I’ve taken to Disneyland. The memorable ride, Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland, puts you face to face with dozens of robots. These robots aren’t just any robots; they combine with the artistic perfection of moving like real human beings. Not only do we see many Jack Sparrow robots throughout the ride, I am also amazed at the way art and robotics were able to mesh with Dirk the homeless robot. Here crowds are shocked at how real looking, acting and feeling this robot is. Looking at the ways robotics and art have been able to come together I think it’s very interesting to bring up the idea that art has influenced robotics. With the robot examples shown above, these were ways that robotics were able to influence art and take it to the next level, but what many people don’t know is how art has influenced robotics. In professor...
Comments
Post a Comment